The Technical Services team consists of permanent and casual staff with technical expertise across a range of areas. The key functions of the team include:
- supporting teaching and learning.
- maintaining equipment.
- maintaining and developing specialist facilities including visual arts studios, theatres, recording and broadcast studios.
- training students in the safe and effective use of technical resources and facilities.
- providing an equipment loans service for students.
The team aims to equip students with the technical skills and knowledge necessary to realise their ideas and fulfil their creative potential, enabling them to become successful graduates of the School of the Arts, English and Media (TAEM).
Equipment loans and studio bookings
Equipment loans and room/studio bookings are managed via the loans counter. Students enrolled in TAEM subjects can borrow a range of equipment including (but not limited to):
- DSLR and analogue film cameras.
- audio recorders and microphones.
- video cameras and field kits.
- Wacom graphic design tablets.
For more information about booking a room or loaning equipment, please refer to the FAQs below.