How to apply

Applying to UOW as a non-school leaver student

As a non-school leaver student, in most cases you have a choice about how you apply.

You can apply direct to UOW or through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC).

Please refer to the 'key dates' tab in Course Finder for your chosen course to find information about when to apply and when you will receive advice on the outcome of your application.

Which application method is best for you?

Benefits of applying directly to UOW

When you apply direct to UOW, you will be assigned a Case Officer who will manage your application from first receipt through to your offer and acceptance. There is no application fee when applying direct to UOW.

Benefits of applying through UAC

When applying to UOW through UAC, you can list up to five course preferences, including courses at other universities. Fees apply for UAC applications.

Documentation requirements

In order to submit a valid application you must provide a minimum level of documentation, including appropriate supporting documents and transcripts from previous study.

Students currently completing their tertiary qualifications need to provide proof of enrolment by attaching, at a minimum, proof of enrolment in your current session of study. Official academic records must then be provided before enrolment. Students must also provide proof of citizenship.

Applying for Pre-Medicine or Education?


Applications for Bachelor of Pre-Medicine must be made through UAC. For more information, please refer to the UAC website.


Applications for all undergraduate Education degrees must be made through UAC. For more information, please refer to the UAC website.

Direct applications for the Bachelor of Education - The Early Years will be accepted for the Wollongong, Shoalhaven, Eurobodalla and Bega Valley campuses. Students have the option to either apply direct to UOW or via UAC.