Our UOW accommodation is available for a wide range of guests such as:
- families and friends of students
- visiting academics
- conference and sporting groups
- students from other campuses undertaking placements at Wollongong campus
Our accommodation can cater for your needs from as little as one night up to three months. We have a range of different accommodation options from fully self-contained studios with ensuites, to single bedrooms in units of 2-5 bedrooms with catering and self-catering options.
A site visit is a great way to experience our residences first-hand, and we'd love to show you around. Contact us for more information.
Frequently asked questions
- When can I check in and out of the accommodation?
- Is bedding included?
- What is the cancellation policy?
- Am I able to smoke at the accommodation?
- What is the difference between a hotel and UOW accommodation?
Standard check in is from 2pm and check out is before 10am. Other arrangements can be made on request.
Yes bedding is included.
In the event that a confirmed booking is cancelled by the Client, the Client is liable to pay UOW Student and Accommodation Services:
- An amount equal to 20% of the total accommodation cost, where the cancellation occurs more than fourteen (14) days before the scheduled commencement date of the booking; or
- An amount equal to 50% of the total accommodation cost, where the cancellation occurs less than fourteen (14) days before the scheduled commencement of the booking.
UOW may recover the above amounts first from pre-payments of accommodation costs received from the Client. Where the cancellation amount exceeds any such pre-payments, UOW may invoice the Client for the balance due which amount will become immediately due and payable. Where the cancellation amount is less than any such pre-payments, UOW will refund the difference to the Client within a reasonable time after the date of cancellation.
In the event of partial cancellation, written notice is required at least fourteen (14) days prior to the original commencement date of the booking. Where less than fourteen (14) days’ notice is given, the Client will be liable for 50% of the value of the cancelled portion of the booking.
Smoking is prohibited on all University grounds and inside any University buildings including rooms. There are designated smoking areas which guests may use.
Unlike a standard hotel there are no wake up calls or room service for food, however guests can get delivery to the accommodation.
There are many benefits of UOW accommodation including:
- Secure undercover parking
- Onsite laundry facilities
- Outdoor BBQ & entertainment areas
- Common lounges and kitchens
- Escarpment and ocean views
- Proximity to CBD, beach, public transport & free bus, university facilities
- Capacity for conference group accommodation bookings, university conference facilities and catering
- Weekly or daily room servicing