UOW International Exchange Program
Student Acknowledgement of COVID-19 Risks
- I am aware that it is entirely my decision to travel during the COVID-19 pandemic and I take full responsibility for my actions with regards to this.
- I understand that UOW’s role in my travel is limited to facilitating a relationship between myself and my host university for the purposes of participating in an exchange program.
- I understand the inherent risks involved in undertaking travel during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to continually check the latest travel information regarding the COVID-19 outbreak and I am aware of current Australian and my host country governments’ travel warnings, travel restrictions and rules.
- I accept that neither UOW or my host university is responsible for any travel restrictions, illness, cancellations, financial loss, quarantine rules or measures put in place at airports or destinations that may affect me.
- I understand that that the trajectory of the virus at the local, national, and international levels is unpredictable.
- I recognise that my participation in an exchange program means I may be subjected to potential risks, illnesses, injuries, even death, as a result either of contracting COVID-19 or the actions or omissions of governments, private entities or other parties with respect to COVID-19.
Travel, Border Closures and Immigration
- I am aware that additional screening procedures and restrictions may be in place at airports and in public areas.
- I understand that the borders between Australia and my host country may close without notice and this may result in interruptions or delays in my return to Australia.o
- I am aware that immigration restrictions may be put in place by the Australian or my host country's government before or during my travels.
Expenses and Insurance
- I understand that neither UOW or my host university is responsible for assisting with any travel or accommodation bookings or expenses that I incur because of COVID-19 or its related impacts.
- I understand that UOW’s travel insurance covers me for COVID-19 medical related incidents but does not cover me for cancellation or quarantine expenses related to COVID-19.
- I understand it is my responsibility to source and obtain additional travel insurance if I wish to be covered for cancellation or quarantine expenses related to COVID-19.
- I confirm that I have adequate financial resources to cover me for the duration of my exchange. This includes the financial capacity to cover any expenses as a result of interruptions or delays caused by COVID-19, including quarantine expenses, funds to cover delayed or cancelled flights and living expenses for an extended period of time in the event the borders between Australia and my host country are closed by either government.
Host Country Requirements
- I agree to adhere to all COVID-19 related laws and regulations of my host country while travelling there.
- I understand that all activities I undertake as part of my exchange must comply with local/domestic travel restrictions, self-isolation/quarantine requirements, and lockdown orders.
- I understand that should I be required to undertake a period of quarantine in any country, it will be at my expense and neither UOW nor my host university is required or responsible to assist me with the logistics or costs of the quarantine.
- I understand that my program of studies may be interrupted due to COVID-19 and I may be required to complete my studies online or in another format not as originally planned.
I agree to review both http://www.smartraveller.gov.au and http://www.health.gov.au/health-alerts/covid-19 to ensure I am aware of potential risks relevant to my destination and the most up to date information regarding covid-19 pandemic.