The University of Wollongong is an accredited member of AACSB International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. All relevant UOW business degree programs at the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels are included in the scope of the AACSB accreditation review, including those offered at UOW Dubai.
The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) is a US-based body that accredits business schools the world over. Accreditation by AACSB represents an international seal of approval for business programmes that ensures the educational needs of students are met through high quality, continuous improvement and excellence in education.
Because of its rigorous standards, less than 5% of the more than 16,000 schools worldwide granting business degrees have earned AACSB Accreditation. The University of Wollongong achieved AACSB accreditation in 2019 and now belongs to this prestigious group of business schools.
AACSB International is the longest-serving global accrediting body for business schools, and the largest business education network connecting students, academics, and business worldwide.
In order to earn and sustain business accreditation, an institution must align with a set of standards that focus on mission and strategic management; support for students, faculty, and staff; learning and teaching; and academic and professional engagement of students and faculty.
Discover the benefits of AACSB Accreditation
AACSB Accreditation is your guarantee that you will receive the learning experience and business degree you expect. AACSB accredited schools must pass very rigorous quality standards. They have been proven to provide the best in business education worldwide.
By studying at UOW, a AACSB accredited business school, your learning experience will meet the highest standards, measured against the world’s best schools.
AACSB accredited schools:
- Are recognised by top employers, their graduates are offered more competitive salaries, and many global corporations only recruit from AACSB accredited schools. AACSB accreditation is seen by many global employers as a sign of quality.
- Say that being accredited improves the quality of their business programs.
- Employ the best academic staff – your teachers – meet the professional standards set by AACSB.
- Have students that are more international and are likely to enter the business school with higher levels of education.
- Are challenging and teach the best skills that give a distinct advantage in the real world.
The course and UOW’s strong reputation, with proven academic excellence supported my goal in becoming a business leader. The course content, coupled with UOW’s supportive learning environment was key to providing me with numerous opportunities post graduation. UOW provided me with life changing experiences that expanded my knowledge on a global scale.
BACHELOR OF COMMERCE (DEAN’S SCHOLAR)
AACSB Accreditation isn't solely beneficial for students and employers, it provides many advantages for staff too. At an AACSB-accredited school academic and professional staff have:
- Higher quality peers with advanced academic and professional credentials.
- Greater access to the business community.
- Classes with higher quality students.
- A sense of pride for their school that results in an improved internal culture.
- A concrete framework to continually measure program and school quality.
- More opportunities to collaborate internationally.
As a corporate partner of UOW and the School of Business, AACSB accreditation benefits you by:
- AACSB accreditation is an assurance you are a partner of a business school that is amongst the world’s best.
- The accreditation requires us to continuously improve our policies and practices. This can only lead to better outcomes for our students and the organisations that we partner with.
- AACSB accredited schools have a large academic and industry network around the globe. Utilising these connections to solve needs of our corporate partners, lead to mutually beneficially outcomes for our partners and the university.
- The quality of our research and application is recognised as one of the world’s best. This research can be developed and applied with our corporate partners.
AACSB Accreditation ensures that business school graduates learn from the best and are ready to perform on day one. Research has found that AACSB-accredited schools have better faculty, curriculum, students, and graduates than other non-accredited institutions.
Specific research findings show that AACSB-accredited schools:
- Have more stringent hiring standards for their faculty.
- Are required to have established methods to ensure graduates achieve the learning outcomes through improved student learning experiences (assurance of learning).
- Have undergraduate, master's, and doctoral students with higher overall WAMs.
- Have more undergraduates that decide to pursue master's degrees.
As an alumni of UOW, AACSB accreditation confirms your education as world-class, delivered at one of the global leaders for tertiary business education. You will benefit from:
- AACSB accredited schools are recognised by top employers, with graduates being offered more competitive salaries, and many global corporations are now only recruiting from schools with this prestigious accreditation.
- The accreditation process is a rigorous one that ensures business schools are delivering the very best in business education. AACSB International accreditation signals to the business community that graduates and alumni from accredited schools are prepared to lead in today’s competitive, global business environment.
- AACSB alumni are among the world’s most influential leaders, innovators, and entrepreneurs impacting business, government, and non-profit sectors.
- AACSB accredited schools are a part of a global network of business professionals and academics that you form a part of.
- As a graduate from a AACSB accredited school, your degree will be recognised by top employers around the globe.
My favourite part of studying a UOW business degree was that the academics and staff encourage students to be themselves and think critically. This is really important because employers don’t want you to be cut from a cookie cutter of business graduates. They want you to be unique and think outside the box.
BACHELOR OF BUSINESS (FINANCE) (DEAN’S SCHOLAR)