AROC is the national rehabilitation medicine integrated outcomes centre of Australia and New Zealand. AROC has been driving quality and outcome improvements in rehabilitation since 2002.
Australasian Rehabilitation Outcomes Centre
What is AROC?
An introductory video explaining the Australasian Rehabilitation Outcomes Centre.Learn more about AROC
The Australasian Rehabilitation Outcomes Centre is the national rehabilitation medicine integrated outcomes centre for Australia and New Zealand. We help improve patient outcomes by collecting, analysing and presenting data. With our help, you can benchmark the service you provide and make quality improvements.
To do this, we require the use of the Functional Independence Measure Clinical Assessment Tool. Using the tool is straightforward. By utilising FIM scores, you can measure and track changes in a patient’s functional independence from admission to discharge.
AROC Online Services and FIM access
AROC Online Services (AOS) is AROC's custom-built online system. AOS provides members with access to many of AROC's services including:
- data entry, upload and extract
- FIM and WeeFIM credentialing
- AROC benchmarking reports
- contact and facility management
If you are already a member, refer to the AOS / FIM Login, Support and System User Guide links.
If your service is not currently a member you can view information about becoming a member.
Live Reporting Application - State of Nations
AROC is pleased to announce the release of our newest live reporting application, the State of Nations. This application provides a 'big picture' look at rehabilitation in Australia and New Zealand. You can interact with the plots and figures as well as modify the focus year and country with a number of drop down menus and options. When you first open the application you will be shown a very short tutorial which will demonstrate the features available to you in this application.
After you have had a look, please let us know what you think
- Download the AN-SNAP Calculator for Excel - This tool can assist in planning a patients program in regards to expected FIM change and length of stay outcomes. This tool is updated every 6 months with the latest benchmarks.
- Quality improvement case studies - Quality initiatives undertaken by AROC members which helped improve process and/or outcomes for patients.
- View the AROC Information Series - Short publications providing a general overview on a range of topics of interest using the AROC dataset.
- Australian Modified Client-Centred Rehabilitation Questionnaire (AM-CCRQ) - The AM-CCRQ is a patient-reported questionnaire about inpatient rehabilitation. It is a useful tool for collecting patients’ perceptions of their rehabilitation experience (rather than satisfaction).
- Download the FIM Guide for Documentation (pdf) - A useful tip sheet on how to document patients activities
- Download the AROC FIM audit tool (pdf) - This tool is used as a basis for documenting a formal FIM audit undertaking