Professional experience & mentoring workshops
The University of Wollongong’s School of Education, in consultation with the Department of Education Hub School project, has developed workshops which provide accredited professional learning in the following areas:
- Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APST)
- Professional Experience (PEX).
These workshops are designed to support both In-school Professional Experience Coordinators & Supervising Teachers.
If teachers at your school are interested, please email at your earliest convenience to firstname.lastname@example.org with your details so that we can contact you.
FREE 2 hour Supervising Professional Experience: APST and Mentoring
- This 2 hour face to face workshop can serve as a more practical and contextual alternative to AITSL Supervising Pre-service Teachers Module 2
- Providing an overview of UOW Professional Experience program and how Australian Professional Standards for Teaching (APST) can be used to provide feedback, mentor and assess pre-service teachers
- Will provide resources for teachers to use to support the supervision of UOW pre-service teachers during the professional experience
- The workshop can be delivered by university personnel at a school staff meeting or part of a professional learning day
If there are additional requirements by schools for professional learning in APST, PEX and mentoring, the School of Education maybe able to discuss possible professional learning options with schools.
For enquiries and further information please email us at email@example.com