Knowing about Language in English K-10
Knowing about Language in English K-10 comprises a series of 3 online modules to assist teachers to implement new language and literacy curriculum.
For each of the Modules, participants complete four weeks of content delivered in an interactive and engaging online environment.
Each week there is opportunity to interact via online sessions between 4:30pm – 7:30pm on the Module nominated day.
Participants may complete an optional assignment related to their classroom practice.
Successful completion of all three modules in this course with the assignments enables participants to apply for advanced standing into the Master of Education postgraduate studies in language and literacy at UOW.
- Coming to Grips with Grammar in English K-10
- Getting Interpersonal with Grammar in English K-10
- Language for Organising Text in English K-10
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) with the completion of the assignments with all modules, or
- Demonstration of equivalence of learning outcomes of the modules; e.g. annotated student work samples and or samples of classroom programs with embedded grammar, delivery of relevant professional learning.
Note: These are stand-alone modules and can be completed in any order.
Please note that module enrolments are limited to 30 participants. Because modules are popular, early registration is advised in order to secure a place.
For further information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The School of Education notes the support of the NSW Teachers Federation’s Centre for Professional Learning (CPL) in the development of these online modules.
The School of Education is pleased to provide teacher professional learning in a range of content areas. These courses enable education professionals to engage with their peers and stay up to date with content in a stimulating, resource-rich online environment.