Getting Interpersonal with Grammar in English K-10
Getting Interpersonal with Grammar in English K-10 is offered via Moodle our on-line learning system. Moodle resources include audio powerpoints, videos, exercises, readings and weblinks. There are also opportunities for participants to interact and to exchange ideas and resources. The classroom-based assignment is optional although participants are encouraged to complete it. (Previously known as Going Further with Grammar in English K-10).
This module is one of three modules making up the Knowledge About Language unit. Successful completion of all three modules in this unit (including the optional assignment in each) may enable participants to apply for academic credit to the postgraduate coursework program in the School of Education.
As a result of completing this module, participants will:
- Revisit the relationship between functional parts of language and the various forms they take
- Consolidate their knowledge of language for expressing content-related ideas and interpersonal meanings
- Extend their repertoires of strategies for teaching the grammar requirements of English K-10 with an emphasis on interpersonally-oriented language
- Apply their knowledge about language to provide feedback to students
- Participate in collaborative discussions related to teaching grammar
Next commencement date: TBA
Registrations close: TBA