Supporting the next generation of leaders from and for the Illawarra.
Vice-Chancellor's Leadership Scholarship
UOW traces its origins to a community fundraising campaign in the Illawarra more than half a century ago that provided the foundations for a technical-based institution to grow into the world-class university it is today.
So, it stands to reason that we've maintained a close connection with the community with whom we share the vision of a brighter future for the Illawarra.
With the Vice-Chancellor's Leadership Scholarship, we seek to inspire a new generation of young, local, passionate leaders, and give them the knowledge, skills, and worldviews to be the future leaders from and for the Illawarra. This includes students who attend high school in the Wollongong, Shellharbour, Kiama, Shoalhaven, Eden-Monaro and Wingecarribee local government areas.
The UOW Vice-Chancellor's Leadership Scholarship will challenge recipients to develop leadership potential alongside a network of like-minded students striving to create positive change.
The scholarship will provide generous financial assistance, leadership training, dedicated academic support, community networking, and global mobility opportunities. Vice-Chancellor's Leadership Scholars will be selected based on their academic achievement and leadership potential.
This scholarship is for you if:
- You’re a natural leader, and you play a pivotal role as an influencer, and a role model at your school and in your community.
- You can demonstrate academic excellence and achievements throughout high school.
- You have big ideas and goals, and you want to collaborate with others to bring them to life.
- You strive to inspire others to achieve great things.
- You're determined to bring positive change to your community and the world.
- You attend high school in the Wollongong, Shellharbour, Kiama, Shoalhaven, Eden-Monaro and Wingecarribee local government areas.