The Tertiary Access Payment (TAP) is a one-off $5000 scholarship provided by the Australian Government to help reduce the financial pressure of moving away from home to start full time tertiary studies. It is designed to assist with the costs of travel, transport, accommodation etc.
Eligible students completed year 12 in 2020, and are relocating from an outer-regional, remote, or very remote area, more than 90 minutes away from the location of their course at UOW. You can check your eligibility by using the Student Regional Area Search tool.
TAP recipients will receive a total of $5000, which will be paid in two instalments over the year. $3000 will be paid upon confirmation of enrolment for session 1 at the end of March 2021, followed by $2000 paid upon confirmation of enrolment for session 2 at the end of August 2021.
You are eligible for this scholarship if you:
- Are an Australian Citizen or resident currently residing in Australia
- completed Year 12 or equivalent in 2020;
- are commencing an Undergraduate Program (certificate 4 and above) at UOW in Session 1, 2021;
- Be under 22 years of age on Monday 1 March, 2021,
- will be enrolled full-time in this program as a full time student,
- be studying face to face, or in dual delivery method, for at least part of the course, and
- are from an outer regional, remote or very remote area to study at UOW as per the Student Regional Area Search tool.
You will also need to demonstrate that:
- You are relocating from your family home to study at UOW;
- your family home (prior to relocating) is more than 90 minutes away by public transport from the UOW campus at which you will be studying, and
- your parent(s) or guardian(s) have a combined income of less than $250,000 per year.
Applications are now open, and scholarships will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis until the university’s allocation of scholarships is exhausted.