Excel by making a significant contribution to your professional development and receive the UOWx Award to stand out when you graduate.
Have you had significant engagement in UOWx recognised activities throughout your time at UOW? Sign up for the UOWx Award Program and choose to graduate with the UOWx Award.
Applications open and close at the start of Autumn and Spring Session each year.
I chose to be involved with co-curricular activities to align my passions with my studies. Having such a huge variety of programs and opportunities to be involved with meant that I was able to gain skills in a number of areas. There are so many benefits to being involved, such as increasing your confidence, gaining unique skills, and being able to communicate yourself and your skills better to employers.
About the UOWx Award Program
- UOWx Award Program requirements
- Applying for the UOWx Award Program
- Frequently asked questions
The UOWx Award Program includes a series of activities and workshops focused on student employability and professional development.
Once enrolled in the UOWx Award Program 2021, students will complete the following:
- Attend UOWx Award Program Launch Event
- Attend a UOWx Award Program Planning Session
- Participate in the UOWx Peer Coaching Program
- Participate in Career Building Events
- Participate in Networking Activities
- Take part in personal and professional reflective practice
Students may elect to complete the program over either 6 or 12 months.
By successfully completing the UOWx Award Program, students will receive their UOWx Award when they graduate, and will be invited to attend the UOWx Excellence Awards celebration in December.
Please note: the Program Requirements may be updated each year based on participant feedback as part of UOWx’s continuous improvement cycle. You will need to complete the Program Requirements specified in the year that you are accepted into the program.
To be eligible to enter the UOWx Award Program, you must:
- Be eligible to apply for at least one Learning Stream Award
- Be working towards achieving a second Learning Stream Award
- Be passing all subjects in the preceding 2 sessions
When applying for the UOWx Award Program, you will need to complete the Program Application Form, which includes submitting
- A passion statement about why you are aiming to graduate with the UOWx Award in 100 words or less;
- A copy of your UOWx Interim Record (email email@example.com if you haven’t got your most recent copy); and
- A copy of your UOW enrolment record
UOWx Award Program applications for Autumn 2021 are now closed.
Applications for the Spring intake will open in June. If you would like to be involved in the UOWx Award Program, please complete the EOI Form and you will be notified when applications open for Spring
Q: I have not yet applied for a Learning Stream Award, can I still apply for the UOWx Award Program?
As long as you have completed the requirements for at least 1 Learning Stream Award, and are working towards your second Learning Stream, you can apply for the UOWx Award Program. Find out more about Learning Stream Awards.
Q; How long does it take to complete the UOWx Award Program?
Students can choose to complete the UOWx Award Program within 6 or 12 months (1 or 2 semesters). Applications to participate in the program open at the beginning of each semester.
Q: I have pressed the UOWx Award button in Moodle, do I have to do anything else?
Yes. Students need to apply for the UOWx Award Program through the online application form, rather than through Moodle.
Q: I've applied for the UOWx Award Program for Autumn 2021, when will I find out if I've been accepted?
Students who have applied to commence the UOWx Award Program in Autumn 2021 will receive an outcome of their application by the 19 March 2021.