Please note: this volunteering is with an external community organisation that UOWx has a partnership with. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org once you have been accepted into this role and UOWx will add you to the Moodle site so you can commence claiming your hours.
How is this program run?
This program is running in-person only.
What will I do?
You will be assisting the Unit Leaders in upholding youth welfare. Volunteers help with looking out for the wellbeing and safety of the Girl Guides during meeting times. You will also assist the Unit Leader with program preparation and delivery on a weekly basis.
Guiding provides a values-based dynamic and flexible non-formal educational program for girls and young women in a fun and supportive girls only environment. Girls develop leadership skills, a sense of personal responsibility and a shared purpose to make the world a better place. With the support of an amazing team of volunteer female Leaders, Guides enables girls and young women to grow into confident, self-respecting, responsible community members. By being part of a global movement, the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts, we have access to innovative contemporary projects with a focus on leadership and creating opportunities so "all girls are valued and take action to change the world". There are 10 million Girl Guides and Girl Scouts in over 145 countries.
How will I benefit?
Our Guiding volunteers benefit in a range of ways including:
- Working for an organisation that makes a real difference for girls and young women
- Interacting with like-minded individuals, building friendships and a community while volunteering
- Acquiring new skills including communication and management
How do I apply?
Completing the online volunteer application.
For more information please contact the membership department in the Girl Guides NSW & ACT office:
Phone: 02 8396 5200
Are there any special requirements of the role?
To be successful in the volunteer role you will need to have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Healthy appreciation of volunteering and willingness to work within the ethos of the Girl Guides Association
- The ability to work in a team and achieve objectives
- Good time management, presentation and efficiency
- Good organisation skills
- This role will suit women 18 years+
- You will need to provide a valid Working with Children Check
- You will need to undertake a National Police Check
Minimum requirements for UOWx recognition
To receive UOWx recognition you must complete the following:
- An "engaged" student will need to complete 20 hours over a calendar year
- A "highly engaged" student will need to complete 40 hours over a calendar year
Make sure to email email@example.com as soon as you sign up for this activity so you can get the instructions to log your hours.
Please visit the Girl Guides website for more information.
|Where?||When?||Time commitment||Type||Learning Streams|
||Two hours a week during the School term - Minimum 20 hours||