University of Lausanne
Language of instruction: Main language of instruction is French, but a variety of subjects are taught in English
About: The University of Lausanne (UNIL) is nestled between Lake Geneva and the Swiss Alps, on the outskirts of Geneva. Established in 1537, the university is regarded as a top 200 university globally.
UNIL is focused on several academic disciplines, especially Medicine, Life Sciences, Geosciences, Environment, Business, Humanities and Social Sciences. The university teaches in French, but has a global focus with a large variety of subjects in English and 20% of students being international.
- The University of Lausanne does not currently have a hall of residence on campus. However, it works closely with the Fondation Maisons pour Etudiants Lausanne (FMEL) but cannot guarantee accommodation.
- Course catalogue
Courses offered under the following programmes are not available to exchange students:
- Courses in the School of Medicine
- Courses in the School of Criminal Justice
- Master’s in Medical Biology
- Master’s in Accounting, Control and Finance
- Continuing Education programmes (MBA, EMBA, Master of Advanced Studies, etc.)