Length of study: 1 or 2 semesters
Language of instruction: Mandarin Chinese (classes available in English)
About: Soochow University is on the cultural axis of Taipei City. Near the National Palace Museum, among lush green hills and a clear stream flowing by, the Waishuanghsi Campus presents a spectacular view and offers the students a superior study environment. On this campus are the School of Arts & Social Sciences, the School of Foreign Languages and Cultures, and the School of Science.
The School of Law, the School of Business and the Extension School are on the Downtown Campus, in the administrative and commercial center of Taipei. Due to the convenience of transportation, professionals are easily accessible there, and the faculty and students can utilize in their academic work the rich resources offered by adjacent administrative and commercial institutions and libraries. Transportation between the two campuses is convenient. Both campuses have their own unique cultural and academic resources and distinctive environments.
- Soochow does not guarantee accommodation for exchange students. Students may choose to stay either on-campus/off-campus dorm or rent a studio.
- Dormitory information is to be announced every semester, and is arranged through the inbound exchange coordinator after a student is accepted.
- Living costs: Living costs are estimated at $3,000 per semester, and mandatory health insurance must be purchased for $90.00.
- Courses available to exchange students:
- Chinese Language Program
- Program of Socio-Culture in East Asia
- Program of Asia-Pacific Business and Management
- School of Business
- Global Business Program
- School of Law
- School of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
- School of Science
- School of Foreign Languages and Cultures
- Credit load: Students may take a minimum of 1 course (2-3 credits) per semester, and the total credit points for a single semester of study may not exceed 25.
- Students must remain flexible as courses are never guaranteed due to unmet prerequisites, over-capacity, time conflicts and class cancellations.