The Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District (ISLHD) provides student compliance services for the University of Wollongong. ISLHD have created a Student Compliance Web page that details the Forms and Documents required for Student Compliance. Supplementary information can be found below.
It is recommended that you can start the verification process prior to commencing study. Do this by taking the following steps.
1. Obtain an Australian National Police Check (NPC). An Australian NPC can be purchased through all State or Territory Police Forces, the Australian Federal Police or a number of Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (ACIC) accredited bodies.
Before purchasing your NPC, please consider the following:
- Most ACIC accredited bodies’ police checks need to be validated within three (3) months of purchase. Failure to do so will mean they are no longer valid and you will need to purchase a new check.
- If you plan to attend a health placement in the ACT, it is recommended that you obtain your NPC through either NSW Policeor Australian Federal Police (and not any of the other ACIC providers listed).
- A valid NPC must be held for the duration of your placement/s.
- If you have a charge or a conviction listed on your National Police Certificate, you must also apply for aClinical Placement Clearance; the application process is detailed on the Student Compliance Web page.
International Students must also provide a National Police Check from their home country or any country they have resided in since turning 18 years of age. If they cannot provide this police check, they can sign the Overseas Student Statutory Declaration as detailed on the Student Compliance Web page. Please note, this Statutory Declaration can only be completed after arriving in NSW.
2. Complete the NSW Health forms as included on the Student Compliance Web page, these include:
- Student Undertaking / Declaration
- Tuberculosis (TB) Assessment Tool
- Code of Conduct Agreement
3. Download the Vaccination Record Card for Health Care Workers and Students and take it to your GP or NSW Health Staff Clinic for them to complete.
4. Collate evidence of your vaccinations, including any relevant serology reports (blood test results).
Review the tips and links on the Student Compliance Web page regarding “What evidence do I need?”, “What constitutes evidence?” and other hints on what is required.
Once you have commenced study:
5. Scan all of your documents, including a copy of your UOW Student ID Card, into a PDF format. Please ensure that your documents, in total, do not exceed 8MB in size.
6. Take the ‘Ready for Verification’ Quiz on the NSW Health Verification Readiness Moodle site.
7. Using your UOW email address, send all documents to the UOW Verification Team firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Keep the total size of your email below 8MB
- Use your UOW email address to send your documentation to the UOW Verification team
- Include your Full Name, Student Number and your Course Discipline in all correspondence with the UOW Verification Team.
Contact the UOW Verification Team email@example.com for any questions or further assistance.