The next round of UOW graduation ceremonies will be held on Tuesday 31 October and Wednesday 1 November 2023 at the Wollongong campus.
Transformation of the UOW Sports Hub for Graduation
A timelapse showcasing the incredible transformation of UOW's Sports Hub on Wollongong Campus to host the University's graduation ceremonies.
Tuesday 31 October
- Faculty of Business & Law (BAL)
- Ceremony 1 - 9:30 am
- Ceremony 1 - 9:30 am
- Faculty of Engineering & Information Sciences (EIS)
- Ceremony 2 - 2:30 pm
Wednesday 1 November
- Faculty of the Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities (ASSH)
- Ceremony 3 - 9:30 am
- Faculty of Science, Medicine and Health (SMAH)
- Ceremony 4 - 2:30 pm
If you intend to graduate in 2023 you need to apply to graduate and have your eligibility confirmed before you will be invited to attend a graduation ceremony. You can view the process here.
Invitations will be sent to students who had their graduation eligibility confirmed between 19 December 2022 and 30 September 2023 who haven't already attended a ceremony. Invitations will be sent to the email address nominated for My eQuals.
If your eligibility is confirmed AFTER 30 September 2023, you will be invited to attend a ceremony in 2024.
Registration will close at 11:59pm, Sunday 17 September 2023.
We will endeavour to provide as many guest tickets as possible. The number of guest tickets allocated to graduates will depend on the size of the ceremony and will be communicated in the graduation invitation email.
Graduates will be given their guest tickets at the registration desk on the day of their ceremony.
We understand what an important milestone Graduation is for families. Children are warmly welcome to attend your ceremony and will require a ticket. Infants (under 3) can sit on an adult's lap during the ceremony.
FAQs - Ceremonies
For detailed information please visit the your graduation day page.
- How do I request an invite?
- Can I attend a different ceremony?
- When do I arrive? Where do I park?
- How long do the ceremonies go for?
- Which ceremony will I be invited to?
Eligible students will be automatically sent an email invitation - you don't need to do anything.
If you have been invited but are unable to attend, you can choose to be invited to the next round of ceremonies. Please register your interest via the link in your invitation email.
For information relating to when to arrive, travel, location and parking and well as other important information, please click here.
We expect each ceremony will go for approximately 2-2.5 hours. You can find out more about ceremony proceedings here.
You will be invited to the ceremony for the Faculty who owns the degree you have graduated from.
If you have graduated with multiple degrees you will be invited to attend the graduation ceremony for your highest degree.
- If you've graduated from both a Bachelor AND Honours degree, Honours is the higher degree
- If you've graduated from both a Graduate Certificate and a Masters, Masters is the higher degree
FAQs - Invitations and payment
- When will invitations be sent?
- I can’t locate my invitation. What do I do?
- What goes the graduation fee cover?
- I can't attend and have already paid. Can I get a refund?
Invitations to attend October/November ceremonies will be sent as soon as possible - we estimate mid July.
The graduation fee covers the following:
- Hire of official academic dress
- Trencher or Bonnet which you can keep (if you don’t already have one)
- Graduation booklet
- Guest tickets
If you have paid for your ceremony but cannot attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Graduation’ in the subject line and attach a copy of your original payment receipt as well as your student number.
A refund will depend on how much notice is provided;
- More than 10 business days notice prior to your ceremony: a full refund
- Less than 10 business days notice prior to your ceremony: no refund unless in exceptional circumstances
If you request a refund with less than 10 days notice, a refund will be considered on a case by case basis with supporting evidence that you are unable to attend due to unforeseen circumstances outside of your control.
Your refund will be credited to the same payment details that were provided when registering.
FAQs - COVID safety
- What COVID safe measures will be in place?
- Do I need to be vaccinated against COVID-19?
- Do I need to wear a face mask?
The safety of graduates, guests and staff is our top priority. UOW will follow advice and guidelines from health and government authorities to ensure a COVID Safe event.
COVID Safe protocols will be in place to protect all visitors including:
- Hand sanitiser available for use
- Wearing of face masks encouraged for all graduates and guests
- Guests and graduates are asked to stay home if unwell
Please note that requirements will be subject to public health orders at the time of the ceremonies and may change.
Visitors to UOW campuses are currently not required to show their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Face masks are not a requirement, however NSW Health strongly recommends you wear a face mask if it is hard to maintain safe physical distance from others.
Face masks will be available for graduates upon request at the registration desk. All guests attending a graduation ceremony will need to provide their own face mask.
The wearing of face masks is subject to Public Health Orders at the time of the ceremonies and requirements may change.
FAQs - International students
- Do I/ my guests need a visa?
- How do I get an invitation for my overseas guests?
- How do I amend/ print the invitation for my guests?
You and your guests need to ensure you meet Australian visa requirements. The Department of Home Affairs has comprehensive information about visa requirements and application procedures.
Please refer to the Department of Home Affairs
If your guests intend to travel from their home country to attend your graduation ceremony, they will need to ensure they have the correct entry requirements. Please refer to the Department of Home Affairs.
During the ceremony registration process, international students have the option to generate, save and/ or print a copy of a Graduation Invitation Letter for guests to use for travel and visa purposes.
If you did not request a letter during registration but now require one, please contact the Graduation team via email at email@example.com with ‘Graduation’ in the subject line in order to have one sent to you. You will not be able to generate a letter by modifying your registration.
Save or print: Log back into your account and select ‘view registration’. A link to view and/or save your Graduation Invitation Letter for overseas guests will be available on this page.
Amend names: If you need to amend the names of your guests please email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Graduation’ in the subject line stating the changes required. A revised letter will be sent to you via email as soon as possible.