2022 graduation ceremonies
Transformation of the UOW Sports Hub for Graduation
A timelapse showcasing the incredible transformation of UOW's Sports Hub on Wollongong Campus, to host the University's graduation ceremonies in May and November 2022.
- I would like to attend a ceremony in November. What do I do?
- What was different about the 2022 graduation ceremonies?
- Were the ceremonies live streamed?
- Can I attend a future graduation ceremony if I could not make it to November?
- When will invitations for November ceremonies be sent?
- What did the graduation fee cover?
- What happens if I have paid and can no longer attend my graduation ceremony?
2019, 2020 and 2021 graduates
If you have already indicated you would like to be contacted about November ceremonies, or requested your ceremony be changed from May to November, you don't need to do anything further.
If you have not been contacted about attending a ceremony in 2022 and would like to be, please use this form to express your interest and we will be in touch once your eligibility has been confirmed.
Students who are graduating in 2022 need to apply to graduate.
If your eligibility is confirmed between May and September 2022, you will automatically be invited to attend a ceremony in November. Your invitation will be sent to the email address you nominate for your My eQuals account.
If your eligibility is confirmed AFTER September 2022, you will automatically be invited to attend a ceremony in 2023.
In 2022 and beyond, there will be a shift in how UOW graduation ceremonies are delivered.
2022 in-person graduation ceremonies included elements such as commencement addresses and announcement of graduates, as well as some additional inclusions in recognition of our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students:
- a Smoking Ceremony
- vibration sounds of the Yidaki lead the Academic Procession
- Aboriginal inspired art and music featured throughout the ceremonies
Yes. All ceremonies are live streamed. A link to the video recordings for the ceremonies will be available on this page soon.
November 2022 ceremonies were the last you could attend if you were conferred prior to September 2022 (including graduates from 2019, 2020 and 2021 who had their ceremony cancelled due to COVID).
Students who were conferred in September 2022 were invited to attend the November ceremonies, or could defer their graduation ceremony attendance to 2023. More information will be provided directly to these students.
Invitations to attend November ceremonies will be sent as soon as possible - we estimate invitations will be sent at least three months before the events.
The graduation fee covers the following:
- Hire of official academic dress
- Trencher or Bonnet which you can keep (if you don’t already have one)
- Graduation booklet
- Guest tickets
If you have paid for your ceremony but cannot attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Graduation’ in the subject line and attach a copy of your original payment receipt as well as your student number.
A refund will depend on how much notice is provided;
- More than 10 days notice prior to your ceremony: a full refund
- Less than 10 days notice prior to your ceremony: no refund unless in exceptional circumstances
If you request a refund with less than 10 days notice, a refund will be considered on a case by case basis with supporting evidence that you are unable to attend due to unforeseen circumstances outside of your control.
Your refund will be credited to the same payment details that were provided when registering.