What is the UOW Mentoring Program?
The UOW Mentoring Program pairs you one on one with an experienced mentor currently active in the workplace and who previously studied at UOW. The aim is to match you with someone who is keen to share their advice and experience in their industry, which aligns with your interests and degree.
Targeted to students in their final years of undergraduate study, the program will help you build employability skills, increase your confidence before entering the workforce and raise your awareness of potential job opportunities in your field.
- Applications to become a Mentee close on 26 May 2023.
- Applications to become a Mentor closes on 12 June 2023.
How does it work?
All participants in the program will:
- Be partnered one on one with an experienced industry professional who can offer professional support and guidance.
- Interact with them online, face-to-face or over the phone for a minimum of four (4) hours over six (6) weeks during Spring session (August 2 to September 13, 2023)
- Together, complete a Mentoring Agreement to keep you both accountable and decide on whether you’ll focus your time on completing a:
- 12-18 month Careers Action Plan; or
- Job application (cover letter, resume and selection criteria responses) for a real job of your choice
- Be able to get UOWx recognition for participation in the UOW Mentoring Program