The UOW mentoring program matches mentors with current UOW students who are seeking career advice to gain insight into the opportunities and challenges of working in a specific industry.
- We match your expertise with a current UOW student interested in your field
- You and your mentee agree on the structure of your meetings, with a minimum of four hours over the duration of the 6 week program.
- Both mentors and mentees agree and adhere to the UOW Code of Conduct
The UOW Mentoring Program will provide training for both mentor and mentee. We will outline expectations, key dates and available resources.
What's in it for you as a mentor?
Mentoring can benefit mentors as much as the mentees. Such benefits include:
- Satisfying the natural human desire to share knowledge and experience
- Achieve satisfaction: For some mentors, having a mentee succeed and eventually become a friend and colleague, is one of their greatest joys
- Develop your professional network: By making contacts for your mentees, you strengthen your own contacts and make new ones
- Extend your contribution: The results of good mentoring have an ongoing and lasting effect, as mentees are often inspired and want to give back
Note: Mentors and mentees will be matched based on responses to the criteria in the application form. It is possible that not all applicants will be matched as it’s determined by students’ needs.. Meetings with students are to be conducted via phone, video, email or in person where possible.