UOW Careers & Employability are partnered with a specialised employment service called GradWISE. This program is designed to provide support and improve employment opportunities for students living with a disability, illness or injury.
GradWISE offers a customised coaching program in a one-on-one setting. Its aim is to give you skills and experience you need to find the perfect graduate role. GradWISE will work with you, and its pool of employers, to make the perfect match and provide all the support you need before and during your employment, for as long as you need it.
How does it work:
GradWISE can offer one-off or ongoing support, depending on what you need. Here's what your first six months with GradWISE could look like.
- Initial meeting: Introduction to the GradWISE program and meeting your consultant
- Employability audit: Creating an individually tailored plan to allow the student/graduate to map their dream in reverse. Within this audit the Career Consultant will create a competitive CV and start to map the road to success
- GradWISE masterclass: Monthly GradWISE masterclasses introduce our students/graduates to industry experts, the graduate applicantion process, interview techniques and a range of different topics to help them on their employment journey.
- GradWISE live: Creating a safe space and community to build social safety for our students/graduates where they can share their collective experiences and feel supported
- Peer support: Connecting our students/graduates with former GradWISE members who have completed the program and have been in employment for 6-12 months.
- NeuroZone coaching: Brain and body optimisation coaching working on the 10 founational drivers to help our students and graduates thrive within every aspect of their life
- Mentorship: Linking out students/graduates with a mentor within their desired field to help them navigate the workplace
- Internship: Linking our students/graduates into supported work place environments to ensure they have the skill set, confidence and knowledge to be able to thrive within the work environment
- Shadow day: Introducing our students/graduates to supportive employers where they are able to obtain different workplace experiences and build their CV and knowledge of different industries.
- Graduate application: Graduate applications are open every 6 months - by this stage our students/graduates will have the confidence, experience and exposure to industry to be able to excel in the application process.
Need help with a job application?
Your GradWISE Career Coach can assist you with your application in the following ways:
- Review and provide advice on your application documents (ie. resume and cover letter) prior to your application submission
- Assist you in determining what reasonable adjustments would be suitable for you throughout the recruiting process and graduate program
- Advise our employer partners of your application and advocate for your reasonable adjustments, should your application progress, or request application feedback should your application not be successful
Am I eligible?
If you are a current UOW student who identifies as having a disability, you can access this service. GradWISE is open to any domestic, international, undergraduate, postgraduate, part-time or fulltime student enrolled at any of UOW's onshore campuses who identify as having a disability. You do not need to be registered with the Accessibility and Inclusion Services at UOW to access this service.
How to register
To book in to see a GradWISE consultant, contact Careers & Employability at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 4221 3325
Learn more about GradWISE (external site)