EndNote is a reference management software used to manage references and format bibliographies.
Our site licence allows all current UOW students and staff to download and use EndNote.
It is recommended for postgraduates and researchers who need to manage a high number of references. If you're an undergraduate student, you can explore some alternative referencing tools.
EndNote is available on UOW computers. The current version supported by UOW is EndNote21.
Installing EndNote on personal computer
- Download Endnote21win.zip (Log in with your UOW username and password when prompted).
- Find the downloaded file Endnote21win.zip in your Downloads folder or search for it on your computer.
- Right-click on Endnote21win.zip and select "Extract All".
- The folder Endnote21win should open automatically.
- There should be two files: EN21Inst.msi and Licence.dat.
- Double-click EN21Inst.msi to run the install and follow the prompts.
- Download Endnote21mac.dmg (Log in with your UOW username and password when prompted).
- Find the downloaded file Endnote21mac.dmg in your Downloads folder and double-click it to mount the disk image.
- Double-click EndNote21.pkg and follow the prompts.
Installing EndNote on UOW managed computer
For UOW managed computers you will need to download EndNote from the Software Center app on your desktop.
Further help installing and using EndNote
Installing the UOW Harvard style for EndNote
Please note the default Harvard style in EndNote is not the same as the UOW Harvard style. The UOW Harvard style needs to be downloaded and installed separately.
- Ensure you already have EndNote installed on your computer (see instructions above).
- Download UOWHarvard.ens
- Find the downloaded file UOWHarvard.ens on your computer and double-click it. It will open in EndNote.
- Save the style as UOW Harvard (File > Save As), removing the word "copy" if required.
- Close the style (File > Close Style).
- From within your EndNote library, find the style drop down box (top left area on Windows and bottom right on Mac) and Select Another Style, select UOW Harvard then select Choose.