UOW publications & records
A range of records detailing the corporate, academic and social history of the University of Wollongong.
About the University of Wollongong publications and records collection
The collection includes records from:
- the Wollongong University College (1962-74)
- the University Division of the Wollongong Technical College (1951-61)
- the Wollongong Institute of Education (1973-82), which amalgamated with the University in 1982
- and the Wollongong Teachers' College (1962-72).
Types of records in the collection
The collection includes both published and unpublished material produced by UOW or related to the University.
Major series held include:
- annual reports
- newsletters (e.g. Campus News)
- graduation booklets
- academic research journals (e.g. Illawarra Unity)
- promotional material (e.g. leaflets and posters)
- media releases
- press/newspaper clippings
- student association publications (e.g. Tertangala)
- committee minutes (e.g. University Council and Academic Senate meetings papers)
- and selected administrative records from individual Units and Schools/Departments.