UOW’s Cyber Security team is responsible for upholding the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the University’s information assets. We care for the security and privacy of students, staff and the greater UOW community, working actively to protect your data at all times.
Staying safe online
For information on how to stay safe and protect yourself online, visit the Australian Government’s Stay Smart Online website:
Cyber security awareness training
Information about Cyber Security Awareness Training for staff is available through the PODS Intranet site.
Email security alerts
Staff and students can view a variety of examples of email security alerts on the IMTS Knowledge Base.
Security incidents can include (but are not limited to):
- Receiving phishing or other suspicious emails in your UOW email account;
- Noticing signs that your user account may have been hacked, such as unexpected login activity or account lockouts;
- Malware or virus infections on IMTS managed devices; or
- Suspicious activity on IMTS managed devices.
- IT Service Portal: Log help tickets, use live support chat and search for answers online in our Knowledge Base at servicedesk.uow.edu.au
- User account and password help: https://uow.info/password
- Phone: +61 2 4221 3000 (extension 213000) during Service Desk opening hours
- In-person: Building 17, Level 1 during Student Lab opening hours (Students), Building 17, Level 2 during T&T Hub opening hours (Staff)
- Regional, metro and international campuses: please check your campus website for local IT support arrangements.
If you need advice or assistance, you can also contact the Cyber Security team via email at email@example.com
For urgent assistance, please contact the IT Service Desk on +61 2 4221 3000 and request to speak with someone from the Cyber Security team.