Australia's Centre for Bulk Solids and Particulate Technologies (CBSPT) is a world leader in applied and fundamental bulk solids handling research. In 1995, it was established and supported by the Australian Research Council (ARC) as one of a prestigious handful of national Key Centres of Teaching and Research.
The Centre is a collaborative initiative between the University of Wollongong and the University of Newcastle, unifying two strong streams of expertise in bulk solids handling and particulate mechanics and materials research, developed over more than 30 years.
The mission of the Centre is to pursue excellence in teaching, research and industrial development in bulk solids handling and particulate technologies.
What CBSPT can offer
- specialised strands in bulk solids and particulate technologies in Bachelor of Engineering undergraduate degrees at the Universities of Wollongong and Newcastle;
- a postgraduate degree in Master of Engineering Practice (Bulk Solids Handling);
- supervision for candidates enrolled in research higher degrees such as Master of Engineering and Doctor of Philosophy;
- short intensive professional development programs across a gamut of bulk solids handling and particulate technology disciplines; and
- because the Centre operates at the cutting edge of knowledge through a world-recognised applied research and development program, it is uniquely equipped to assist processors and manufacturers with industrial troubleshooting and technical assistance.