Nespresso coffee pods are able to be recycled via Nespresso's recycling program.
There are a number of collection boxes in staff kitchens across Wollongong Campus. Only Nespresso pods are able to be recycled via these collection boxes.
To get a collection box:
- UOW staff members or students can contact the Environment Unit.
- Outside organisations looking to recycle Nespresso pods should contact Nespresso.
When using a collection box or arranging for it to be collected:
- Please ensure that you do not overfill the box. It is recommended to get the box replaced when it is about three quarters full.
- The plastic liner must be able to be sealed up with a cable tie for it to be collected.
- Please raise a work request with the Facilities Management Service Centre to arrange to replace your Nespresso recycling collection box.