Recognition of Service Awards
Awards are presented each year to members of the academic and professional services staff who have served the University continuously for 25, 40 & 50 years.
Nominations are initiated from the People & Culture Division and recipients are notified directly.
Criteria for award:
- Service awards apply to all paid full-time, fractional-time, fixed-term or continuing employees of the University; who have completed a total service periods of 25, 40 & 50 years of continuous service. It does not apply to casual or Honorary employees.
Note the following:
- Previous employees from ITC, UOW Pulse, UOW GE, who have had their service with these institutions verified and recognised for Long Service Leave, are recognised for the purpose of this Award.
- Maternity/Paternity leave without pay is included when calculating continuous years’ service.
- Small breaks in service of less than 3 months will be counted in continuous service calculations.
- In the instance of employees taking leave without pay (except as part of maternity/paternity leave), the leave without pay is added to their service timeframe, as long as they remain employees during this period. For example, an employee who commenced in 1994 becomes eligible for 25 years service award in 2019; however, if they took 3 years of unpaid leave under the above conditions, they are eligible for the award in 2022.
- Casual service is not included in continuous service; however, this may be reviewed on a case-by-case basis by request.
- For 25 years’ service: Staff who have served from 24 years and 9 months to 25 years by the Vice-Chancellor Awards Ceremony date will receive their award in the current year.
- For 40 and 50 year service: staff who will have served 40 or 50 years by the end of the calendar year will receive their award in the current year.
Recipients of Service Awards
Recipients will be invited to the Vice-Chancellor Award ceremony to receive their Award and they will be asked to nominate a colleague to write their citation.
For more information, contact: email@example.com.