25 Years Service Awards
Awards are presented each year to members of the academic and Professional Services Staff who have served the University continuously for 25 years.
Nominations are initiated from the Human Resources Division and recipients are notified in March/April each year.
Criteria for award:
- 25 year service awards apply to all paid full-time, fractional-time, fixed-term or continuing employees of the University, who have completed a total service period of 25 years of continuous service. It does not apply to casual or Honorary employees.
Note the following:
- Previous employees from ITC, UOW Pulse, UOW GE, who have had their service with these institutions verified and recognised for Long Service Leave, is recognised for the purpose of this Award.
- Maternity/Paternity leave without pay is included when calculating continuous years’ service.
- Small breaks in service of less than 3 months will be counted in continuous service calculations.
- For employee’s who take leave without pay (except as part of maternity/paternity leave) and remain an employee of the University- the leave without pay period is added to their service timeframe before they are eligible for the Award. For example, an employee who commenced in 1994 who had three years leave without pay between 2002 – 2005 eligibility for the service Award will be adjusted by three years.
- Normally casual service is not included in continuous service, however this may be reviewed on a case by case basis.
Staff that have served from 24 years and 9 months to 25 years by the Vice-Chancellor Awards Ceremony date will receive their award in the current year.
Recipients of the 25 Year Service Award
Recipients of the Award will be invited to the Vice-Chancellor Award ceremony to receive their Award and they will be asked to nominate a colleague to write their citation.
For more information, contact: email@example.com.