Catching the bus is inexpensive and easy. More than 25 per cent of UOW students, staff and visitors choose to catch one of the free shuttle bus services to the Wollongong Campus. There are also many other paid buses that stop on our doorstep.
North Gong (NG) Shuttle
The NG Shuttle links the Wollongong Campus with North Wollongong Station.
Route 9 stops around the Ring Road, and Route 9N runs directly between the station and Northfields Ave bus interchange.
This service is currently operating to the reduced timetable from 7:50am to 7:30pm on weekdays.
All UOW buses are low floor wheelchair accessible, except in exceptional circumstances.
This is a free Transport for NSW public bus service. This service travels in clockwise (55C) and anticlockwise (55A) loops connecting UOW to the city, the beach, Innovation Campus, Campus East and Fairy Meadow.
Hours of operation are:
- Weekdays: 07:00 – 18:00 every 10 minutes, 18:00 – 22:00 every 20 minutes
- Saturdays: 08:00 – 18:00 every 20 minutes (note from 3 July 2021, the shuttle will run 09:40 - 17:20)
- Sundays & Public Holidays: 09:40 – 17:20 Up to 20 minute frequency
Operates all year round on weekdays, weekends and public holidays.
All Gong Shuttles are wheelchair accessible.
Direct to UOW bus services
The following buses travel direct to UOW:
- Route 41 from Dapto via the Princes Highway, through Unanderra and Figtree and UOW via Robsons Road.
- Route 11 from Wollongong, Mangerton, Figtree, Mount Keira and UOW via Robsons Road.
- Route 53 from Shellharbour via Shell Cove, Flinders, Warrawong, Windang, Primbee, Warilla.
- Route 91 (formerly 1U) from Austinmer Station to University of Wollongong.
- Route 93 (formerly 4U) from Bulli to University of Wollongong.
- Route 887 from Campbelltown to Wollongong.
If you are travelling on public transport and paying an Adult Opal fare, you may be able to use contactless payment. Some cards or linked devices can be used instead of an Opal card. This is not applicable for Concession Opal fares. See the Opal website for how to travel with contactless payments.Transport for NSW Opal cards