At our Nowra site, the University of Wollongong has built a facility that provides a teaching space, a library as well as a cafe and student facilities.
Students attending the Shoalhaven Campus have access to the full range of services offered by the University of Wollongong and learning is supported by easy access to computers and information technology.
Facilities available to UOW Shoalhaven campus students and staff include:
- Nursing Simulation Lab
- Computer laboratory - DELL computers with flat-screen available including internet access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Free Wifi access in all classrooms and common areas for students and staff
- Video Conferencing - A number of courses lectures are provided from Wollongong via live videoconferencing
- Kitchenette - Fridge, toaster, tea & coffee making facilities in the Campus Services building
- Library - in addition to the print and electronic resources available in the library, computers are available in the Access Centre in the library. Photocopying facilities are also available
- Office space bookings - UOW staff only
AFTER HOURS ACCESS
After-hours access is available to students who wish to use the University computers or find a quiet place to study. Conditions apply.
An active social group organises social, sporting and other recreational student activities. Please talk to your local staff or student representative if you have any ideas or suggestions.
Information technology support - this includes UOW IT computer and software support.
Audio-visual support - is available to assist in the overall educational experience and can be used for presentations and flexible delivery of courses; this includes video-conferencing, video players and overhead projectors. We also have available multimedia tools including a digital camera, digital video camera, mini disk recorder/ player, document/image scanner, DVD player and cassette recorder; all of which will enhance your student experience!