The University of Wollongong values the participation of both staff and students in its decision making. Each year, the University hosts elections for a number of staff and student positions on governance bodies to ensure that all perspectives are considered.
The Annual General Election period is held from September to October and elections take place as required depending on the regulations governing each individual body and position. A Returning Officer is appointed to oversee the conduct of each election.
If a representative position is vacated before the end of its appointed term, a Casual Vacancy is created. An election to fill a Casual Vacancy may occur outside of the Annual General Election period.
Academic Senate is the peak body for advising the University Council and the Vice-Chancellor on academic matters and broad issues affecting academic excellence at the University.
Nominations are invited from eligible academic staff members for election as Chair to Academic Senate for the term 1 July 2022 to 30 June 2024.
- Notice of election - Chair of Academic Senate (PDF)
- Nomination form for election of Chair of the Acadmeic Senate (PDF)
- Code of Conduct (PDF)
- Refer to Academic Senate for information regarding the membership, schedule and business of the Academic Senate.
- University of Wollongong Act (1989)
- University of Wollongong by-law (2005) - refer to Schedule 1 for Council election provision
- Academic Senate Electoral Rules (PDF)
- WUSA Constitution (PDF)
- WUSA Regulations Governing Elections (PDF)
- WUPA Constitution (PDF)
- WUPA Regulations Governing Elections (PDF)
- Faculty Academic Governance Policy (PDF)
- Virtual Campaign Flyer (PDF)