All applicants must meet the following criteria for semester programs. All non-English speaking students are required to provide evidence of satisfying the University's English language requirements.
- Completion of at least one year of study at a university or other recognised tertiary institution
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.7 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Academic overall 6.0, and
- 6.0 in reading & writing.
- 550 paper
- 213 computer
- 4.0 TWE/Essay Rating
- 79 internet-based with not less than 20 in writing, 18 in reading, 17 in listening and 16 in speaking.
The English test must have been taken within two years of commencement of study at UOW.
In addition to IELTS and TOEFL, we accept a range of criteria including:
- examination results in high school English subjects in Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden and Germany
- completion of schooling in Malaysia, Hong Kong and Singapore
- completion of A levels or IB in any country
Other acceptable assessments and examinations include:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR)
- Cambridge Advanced and Cambridge Proficiency
- Pearson Test of English
If you require a period of intensive English to prepare you for entry, UOW College, on the University campus, can offer you a choice of English Language programs – including IELTS preparation.
To qualify for admission to the University of Wollongong as an exchange student, you must be nominated by your Study Abroad or Exchange Advisor at your home university. Applications for exchange will not be accepted without a nomination.