The first-of-its-kind, the Cyber Academy is an inclusive program combining nationally recognised qualifications with paid, on-the-job training. Develop a career in the fast-growing cyber security sector and meet the needs of a changing technological landscape.
Cyber Academy. Protect Australia’s future. Secure your own.
You will fast-track your career in cyber security by completing a three-year professional apprenticeship program that offers:
- Industry experience. Work at Deloitte, an industry partner or a government department.
- Paid employment while you study.
- Ongoing coaching and mentoring
- Access to Deloitte’s graduate program and bootcamps.
- Upon completion, you will have earned two qualifications: ICT50220 Diploma of Information Technology (Cyber Security) from TAFE NSW and a Bachelor of Computer Science (Cyber Security) from UOW.
To join this exciting program, applicants must successfully progress through the following three key stages.
Stage 1: Academic application and assessment by UOW
- Conducted until September
- If your application is successful, you will be contacted about how to move on to stage 2
Stage 2: Online skills assessment and video submission hosted by Deloitte
- Conducted between September until November
- You will be required to:
- Complete two skills assessments AND
- Submit a recorded video interview
- If you have met the requirements of the skills assessment and video submission, Deloitte will progress your application to Stage 3
Stage 3: Industry placement
- Conducted in November with final placements occurring in December
- Suitability mapping and recruitment performed by Deloitte with industry partner
- If you are matched with an industry partner, you will be notified of your successful entry into the Cyber Academy program with next steps
Please note, your application process and timelines will vary if you are a School-leaver (currently completing Yr 12) or Non-School Leaver.
Apply via UOW Early Admissions to Bachelor of Computer Science (Cyber Security) - Cyber Academy.
Applications open from Monday, 19 June, 2023 and close on Friday, 11 August, 2023.
Apply via UAC to Bachelor of Computer Science (Cyber Security) - Cyber Academy (754130).
Applications open from April 2023 and close on Saturday, 30 September, 2023.
Complete the below Expression of interest (EOI) form to receive updates on the 2024 Cyber Academy application key dates.
Start your Cyber Academy journey - express your interest
Cyber Academy is partly funded by the NSW Department of Education's Collaboration and Innovation fund.