How is this program run?
This program is running in-person.
What will I do?
As a student volunteer with the ENHANCE research group, you will play an essential role in their exciting suite of research projects. You will be part of a collaborative effort with four Local Health District Partners and the Centre for Population Health from NSW's Ministry of Health. Your main focus will be on social media, marketing, and branding, where you'll contribute to content creation, including blogs for their website. Additionally, you'll have the exciting opportunity to help develop a video series for YouTube and Instagram that shares the inspiring stories of participating research teams across NSW. You'll also be involved in organising ENHANCE affiliated events, such as a two-yearly seminar, and have the chance to participate in these events, where you can network with NSW Health partners and the wider health community.
How will I benefit?
As a volunteer you will develop:
- Innovation: You'll be encouraged to think creatively and find new ways to engage with their target audience through social media and content creation.
- Critical Thinking: You'll analyse research data and contribute to evidence-based strategies, honing your critical thinking abilities.
- Effective Communication: You'll improve your written and verbal communication skills as you engage with diverse audiences through blogs, videos, and event participation.
- Presentation Skills: Participating in events and workshops will give you the chance to enhance your presentation and public speaking skills.
- Effective Collaboration: Working closely with their research team and partner organisations will help you develop teamwork and collaboration skills, essential in any professional setting.
How do I apply?
Please send your expression of interest via email to email@example.com. Be sure to include a brief cover letter or introduction, highlighting your relevant skills and interests, and why you would like to be a part of their research group.
Are there any special requirements for this role?
Students from various disciplines who have an interest in public health, research, and promoting healthy living are encouraged to apply.
Minimum requirements for UOWx recognition
To receive UOWx Recognition, you must complete the following:
- An "engaged" student will need to complete a minimum 19.5 hours in a calendar year
- A "highly engaged"student will need to complete 40 hours in a calendar year
Visit Evidence-based Healthy Activity and Nutrition for Children and Environments page for more information.
|Where?||When?||Time commitment||Type||Learning Streams|
||Maximum of three hours per week each session.||