How is this program run?
This program is running both online and in-person options.
What will I do?
Career Connect is a 3-4 week online program designed to provide students with tailored career building support and advice, with a focus on career pathways and connecting with industry professionals.
The program involves:
- A series of online personalised modules to help you build confidence in your career decisions; ace the job application process (cover letters, resumes, and selection criteria); expand your professional network; and gain industry knowledge related to your degree(s)
- Two career coaching sessions with our experienced careers consultants to provide you with tailored support and advice
- An exclusive opportunity for a one-on-one informational interview with a UOW alumnus working in your relevant field/industry/career to get tips and insider knowledge about how to prepare for and land your first career position
The program will run from the 10th October 2022 to the 4th November 2022.
How will I benefit?
- Build confidence in your career choices
- Expand your professional career network by connecting with UOW alumni
- Develop industry knowledge and skills related to your degree/s
- Improve your job application skills including resume and cover letter writing, addressing selection criteria, and interviewing
How do I apply?
Applications will open on 19th September 2022 and close 28th September 2022.
Are there any special requirements for this role?
No special requirements.
Minimum requirements for UOWx recognition
To receive UOWx Recognition, you must complete the following:
- An "engaged" student will need to successfully complete all online tasks, attend 2 career coaching sessions and 1-to-1 informational interview
- A "highly engaged" student will need to complete the above as well as submit a 400 word reflective piece
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Where?||When?||Time commitment||Type||Learning Streams|
||Approximately five hours over the course of the program.||