With COVID-19, how is this program running in 2021?
This program is running face to face.
What will I do?
The University of Wollongong Anatomy Laboratory offers students with exemplary results the chance to participate in volunteer dissection. Students who are accepted into the volunteer program will be given an opportunity to work in a small group and further develop their knowledge of anatomy, while learning the art of dissection under the supervision of trained Anatomy laboratory technical staff.
How will I benefit?
You will have the opportunity to:
- Develop dissection skills in the use of surgical instruments, tissue and sharps handling
- Differentiate, understand and describe the specific anatomy pertaining to your allocated specimen and transfer these skills to your wider anatomical studies
- Develop and demonstrate respect for the generous donors to UOW
- Develop effective communication skills required when working as a team
- Gain knowledge in WHS and laboratory policies and procedures
How do I apply?
If you have received a distinction or above in MEDI111 or MEDI220 either speak to your course coordinator about your interest in the program or email us directly at email@example.com.
Are there any special requirements for this role?
You must have received a Distinction or above in MEDI111 or MEDI220.
Minimum requirements for UOWx recognition
To receive UOWx recognition, you must complete the following:
- An 'engaged' student will need to complete 15 hours over a calendar year
- A 'highly engaged' student will need to complete 30 hours over a calendar year
For further information
For more information, please email Jess Laing.
|Where?||When?||Time commitment||Type||Learning Streams|
||Approximately, 1.5 hours per week||