The University's Most Prestigious Prize
To celebrate the life and contribution of the University's founding Chancellor, Chancellor Robert Hope, the Chancellor Robert Hope Memorial Prize is awarded to a student who demonstrates:
- Exceptional academic performance
- Outstanding leadership
- Significant contribution to the University and/or the wider community
As the only prize awarded by the University Council, it is considered to be the University's most prestigious prize.
Nominations Close 5pm Monday 19 November
NOMINATIONS FOR 2018 ARE NOW OPEN.
To be eligible for the Chancellor Robert Hope Memorial Prize students are required to:
- Be eligible to graduate (having completed all course requirements) in the current calendar year with a Bachelor degree from UOW
- Have completed at least 96 credit points at UOW
- Have achieved consistent outstanding academic results, which is reflected in an indicative Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 80* or above
- Demonstrate an exceptional contribution to the University or the broader community
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership qualities
- Have the capacity to become an ambassador for the University
* The Selection Committee will calculate the WAM for each student using the following formula: Sum of (credit points x mark) / Sum of credit points. For students graduating in December, the WAM calculation will include final marks for Spring session. Student who are unsure if they will achieve a WAM of 80 when taking into account their marks for Spring are encouraged to apply regardless, as this criteria will be used as an indicative measure only.
RECOGNISING YOU FOR GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND
The recipient of the Prize will receive:
- The Chancellor Robert Hope Medal; and
- A monetary prize of $7000
The University will also donate $3000 to one or more community or charitable organisations selected by the recipient.
- Is there anything you are unsure about?
- Looking to submit your nomination?
- Feel free to get in touch!
SUBMIT YOUR NOMINATION
Have a read of the summaries of our previous recipients!
|2017||Winner: Daniel Simpson (about Daniel)|
Winner: Mr Thomas Curran (about Thomas)
Winner: Ms Jessica Sparks (about Jessica)
Winner: Mr Lloyd Niccol (about Lloyd)
No Prize was awarded
No Prize was awarded
Mr Patrick Hodder (about Patrick)
Winner: Mr Marcel Gordon (about Marcel)
Runner Up: Ms Jacqueline Furtado
Ms Danielle Murphy Durland (about Danielle)
Winner: Ms Yayaa Tsamenyi (about Yayaa)
Runners Up: Mr Hadeel Dabbagh and Mr Shane Lauf