2017 WUSA Elections
Elections were conducted for positions on the WUSA Council during the common electoral period in September and October 2017.
Declaration of Results:
Following the conclusion of voting on 19 October 2017 appeals were lodged by representatives of the two Groups predominant in the election, namely Save Our Union and Revolution.
The appeals were considered by an Appeals Panel as provided for at section 8.2 of the WUSA Regulations Governing Elections.
The Appeals Panel determined that the actions of the Presidential candidate for the Save Our Union group were such that the candidate had breached rules governing the elections and as a result the candidate was duly declared not elected.
The Appeals Panel determined that the actions of the Presidential candidate for the Revolution group and the General Secretary candidate for the Save Our Union group were such that the candidates had breached rules governing the elections and as a result were disqualified from the election.
As the two leading Presidential candidates were prevented from being elected, the Appeals Panel determined that the remaining candidate for President was duly declared elected.
WUSA Election Documentation:
- Nominations Period: Monday 11 September 2017 - Friday 22 September 2017
- Ballot Draw: Tuesday 3 October 2017
- Polling Period: Tuesday 17 October 2017 - Thursday 19 October 2017
- 2017 WUSA Notice of Intention to Appoint Returning Officer
- 2017 WUSA Notice of Appointment of Returning Officer
- 2017 WUSA Notice of Election
- 2017 WUSA Nominations Notice
Meet your candidates:
Back to Election Central.