Indigenous Regional Summer Camp
UOW’s Regional Indigenous Summer Camp provides Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander high school students with an opportunity to experience what it is like to study and live on campus at the University of Wollongong.
- Be mentored by current Indigenous students
- Have the opportunity to engage in taster sessions and meet dedicated UOW staff who can help identify areas of interest
- Discover pathways available to gain entry to UOW
- Build their aspirations to make informed decisions about their future and to confidently navigate their post-school options
- Engage in cultural workshops and learn local dreamings
- Visit local areas of cultural significance
- Explore the Wollongong region
- Learn how to surf
This program will provide access to experiences of University life at UOW and exposure to what Wollongong has to offer.
Who is it for: The camp is designed for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students in Years 9 & 10 and from Regional NSW.
Dates: 2024 TBC
Accommodation: Participants will stay on campus at UOW in supervised accommodation.
For more information and to complete an EOI please contact Jaime King, Future Student and Outreach Manager at email@example.com.
Available study areas:
- Arts & humanities
- Social Sciences
- Business & Law
- Engineering & Information Sciences
- Science, Medicine & Health
Information for parents: Schools are invited to nominate students who would benefit from participating in the UOW Indigenous Summer Camp. We understand that school results alone are not always a true measure of potential, so we ask schools to consider students who are:
Active in their community
Committed to their studies
Participants may wish to bring a small amount of spending money if desired.