The University of Wollongong's capabilities cover a broad range of focus areas.
The University of Wollongong (UOW) is a leading global university and an anchor institution powered by our people, partnerships and communities. Together with our partners, we are delivering positive impact for a better world.
Our vibrant global community
Driving innovation and economic growth
We are dedicated to bringing innovative ideas to life, drawing on the expertise of national and global partnerships to strengthen industry capability and create workforces for the future.
- Supporting Australia's Defence [PDF]
- Cybersecurity, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Information and Communications Technology (ICT) [PDF]
- Space-related research [PDF]
- Cleaner, fairer and more reliable energy [PDF]
- Advanced, clean manufacturing [PDF]
- Smart cities, transport and Artificial Intelligence of Things (AIoT) innovation [PDF]
- Supporting entrepreneurs and businesses [PDF]
- Preparing career-ready graduates [PDF]
- Economic impact [PDF]
Better health and healthier environments
We are committed to improving the health and wellbeing of diverse populations including First Nations Australians, culturally and linguistically diverse populations, and those living in regional, rural and remote areas. Our researchers are making outstanding contributions to climate and environmental science, also impacting health and wellbeing.
Reducing inequalities and widening participation
Through our inclusive values, UOW is increasing participation and attainment among underrepresented groups. We are working to improve access to jobs and training pathways for women, First Nations people, regional Australians, and culturally and linguistically diverse people.
- Regional campuses [PDF]
- UOW in South Western Sydney (UOW Liverpool) [PDF]
- Sporting excellence for everyone [PDF]
- Early childhood education and technology [PDF]
- Diversity, equity, inclusion and gender equality [PDF]
- Access, participation and success [PDF]
- Advancing opportunities for First Nations Australians [PDF]
- Preparing the next generation of teachers [PDF]