As part of the Pipeline Program, UOW has recently been successful in procuring Australian Government funding, together with the University of Sydney, for the development of a Regional Training Hub on the North Coast region of NSW. Although the two universities will work in close collaboration, UOW will focus on the Clarence Valley region, while the University of Sydney will focus on the Lismore region.
The priorities of the Regional Training Hub are to:
- Identify students with an interest in practicing rurally
- Develop and enhance existing postgraduate regional training capacity
- Provide a central network for the coordination of all existing medical training activities in the region
- Develop new and strengthen existing connections
- Continue to monitor population health and workforce needs over time
- See also Clarence Valley Regional Training Hub (RTH)