All students - domestic, international, undergraduate and postgraduate may be eligible to study overseas.
Before applying for a study overseas program, you should attend one of our information sessions or visit the Office of Global Student Mobility, to learn what studying overseas involves and how to start planning your overseas adventure.
All students should check with their Head of School and Head of Students to ensure there are no restrictions on their program of study before applying to go on exchange.
All students may be eligible to complete a short course or international internship. Visit the Applying for a short course page to find more information about eligibility.
All students should check with their Head of School and Head of Students to ensure there are no restrictions on their program of study before applying for the UOW Semester Exchange Program.
To be eligible for exchange you must be able to demonstrate that you have the academic background and personal qualities needed to become a successful exchange student.
All applicants must meet the following general requirements, as well as any specific requirements of the host university they are applying for.
- You must be currently enrolled in a degree program at UOW.
- You must be of good academic standing. The minimum requirement is a "credit" average (65%), with no subjects completed below a "Pass" grade at UOW.
- If you have a "Pass Conceded", "Pass Restricted" or "Fail" grade on your academic record and can demonstrate extenuating circumstances, you may still be considered. You will need to submit an additional statement and proof of these circumstances at the time of your application.
- The ability to assess and exhibit appropriate behaviour in a variety of situations.
- Social and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- The ability to cope personally with the challenges of living in a different country. This includes adjusting to different cultures, systems, lifestyles and living conditions.
- The ability to cope with overseas study and maintain a high academic standard.
- Capacity to act as an ambassador of UOW and Australia.
- Willingness to abide by the rules and regulations of the Exchange Program.