Adult Opal cards
If you are a domestic student and you are not a full-time student, or if you are an international student, you will need to purchase an Adult Opal card. On Campus, Opal cards can be purchased from the Uni Shop.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the concession opal card you need to:
- Be a full-time enrolled student (more information about full-time and part-time study)
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident; and
- Have a NSW home address.
NOTE: If you are studying a joint degree (at UOW and TAFE), you will need to provide proof of your TAFE enrolment to Student Service in Student Central.
Order your Opal card
To order your Opal card:
Log into SOLS
- Select 'Transport Concession' from the left hand menu
- Read the information and tick the checkbox to provide your consent for UOW to confirm your eligibility with Transport for NSW
- Wait 48 hours - then go to the Opal card website to order your card
Your card will be posted to your mailing address five to seven days after your application has been submitted.
Where can you use your Opal card?
You can use your Opal Card on train, bus, light rail, and ferry services by 'tapping' on and off at your stops. For more information on how to use your card, visit the Opal website.
Lost or stolen cards
If you lose your Opal Card, you will need to apply for a replacement via the Opal website