The STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) Careers Expo is your opportunity to talk directly to potential employers who will tell you all about their recruitment programs, and scout for future talent.
STEM Careers Expo
UOW STEM Careers Expo 2022
This event has concluded.
The UOW STEM Careers Expo is a FREE annual event for UOW students, bringing together university students and major employers from across the country. Meet and speak with employers online about potential career options, internships and graduate recruitment opportunities. Employers are looking to interact with students who are potential employees. This is your chance to build a networking relationship with important career contacts.
This even is open to all students in the Faculties of Engineering and Information Sciences and Science, Medicine and Health. It is most relevant for penultimate year students seeking vacation work and/or planning to apply for graduate programs in the following year. First and final year students are also encouraged to attend.
There will also be a Women in STEM panel after the expo in the Thought Bubble. Panellists will share their career journeys, inspire students with their stories and insights into embarking on a successful STEM career, as part of a Q&A style panel session.
When: 10 August 2022
Time: 10.30 am - 1.30 pm
Venue: The Exhibition Space, Building 11, Level 1A, University of Wollongong, Northfields Avenue, Wollongong, NSW, 2522
If you have any questions please contact the Employer Programs Team on (02) 4221 3325 or email your enquiry.
This event is the perfect opportunity to meet and network with prospective employers and gain some great networking and self-marketing skills. It also gives you the opportunity to:
- Gain first-hand information about an employer, the structure and operation of the organisation, their vacation program, recruitment processes and other employment opportunities
- Mingle with employers (promoting vacation programs and internships), as well as professional association bodies (who can give you insight into ways to progress through the industry of your choice)
- Collect application information and learn how to improve your chances of gaining a position
- Explore career opportunities and work out what you are looking for from an employer
- Make a good first impression before applying for a position