Higher Degree Research - PhD Scholarship
Synthetic and Surface Chemistry for Coatings
Scholarship for 3.5 years full-time study
AUD$ 33,413 p.a
Led by the University of Wollongong, the ARC Research Hub for Australian Steel Innovation is a 5 year, $28m research program bringing together 9 Universities and 8 industry partners to deliver innovative research designed to enable a necessary technological shift in the steel supply chain.
Working within Program 2 (Product Innovation and Technology) of the Steel Research Hub, the PhD Candidate will be involved Project 2.1.3- Synthetic and Surface Chemistry for Coatings. They will be involved in planning, experimentation, data analysis, report writing and the communication of results to industry and through peer-reviewed journal articles.
Working within a large scale, multi-disciplinary research entity (30+ PhDs, 20+ Post-Docs), the appointee will have contact with BlueScope Steel on aspects of applied, industry-focussed research, as well as collaborating with the wider Steel Research Hub research team. The successful appointee will be supported through additional mentoring, training and personal development.
Academic qualification. Applicants should hold a Masters by Research, or an Honours 1st class (or equivalent) undergraduate degree in Chemistry or surface science or a relevant discipline or the equivalent combination of professional experience and academic qualifications
Written and oral communication skills, presenting research work and outcomes to different audiences
- Knowledge and ability in polymer chemistries or other relevant synthetic chemistry
- Knowledge and ability in physical chemistry and/or surface chemistry
- Experience in physical measurements with suitable numerical and computational literacies
Conditions for application
- Capacity to be based at the Wollongong campus.
- Applicants should submit cover letter detailing relevant experience and research interest; CV with names and addresses of two referees; and Academic transcripts.
- Both domestic and international prospective students are encouraged to apply.
- Contact for position is Chris Richardson (email@example.com).
Closing date: 10 June 2022
The University of Wollongong is committed to workplace equity, diversity, and inclusion. We value and acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents, and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of attracting and retaining talent in our workforce. The creation of a diverse and inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential, enhance our success, and achieving our vision of being in the Top 1% of universities globally