SBRC is a major research facility for sustainable buildings in Australia and is the place to develop and demonstrate the building technologies of the future.
Ways to get involved:
- Collaborate with SBRC in research and development to enhance your existing products and services and to develop new innovations.
- Place a collaborative researcher from your organisation at the SBRC facility.
- Support a Research Student Placement to undertake research on a particular technical, economic or social issue related to retrofitting and sustainable buildings.
- Join a consortium or individually build a demonstration high-performance building in our Sustainability Street.
- Become a partner and support Team UOW for our next Solar Decathlon entry.
- Have your product demonstrated and/or tested at the SBRC facilities.
- Build your knowledge with the Australian Power Quality & Reliability Centre (APQRC), an internationally recognised centre of excellence in distribution and transmission system power quality, reliability and renewable energy systems.
The SBRC program of activities is rapidly expanding through the growth of our relationships with groups such as TAFE, government agencies and leading international institutions in the field of Energy Efficiency and Building Retrofitting. Additional collaboration is being developed with industry, government, private and non-profit organisations.
Strategic industry partners are critical alliances for the SBRC.
Additional collaboration is being developed with industry, government, private and non-profit organisations. We are currently seeking additional Strategic Industry partners to advance our joint research agenda in the fields of energy efficiency and the built environment.
Collaborating with industry to construct themed demonstration homes for our Sustainability Street.
The SBRC is currently seeking interest from:
- Product suppliers
- Builders and building developers
- Built environment representative and certification groups
- Government agencies to form several consortia