Visa conditions and the workplace information session: International Students Career Program
As part of the Australian Workplace Career Program for International Students, open to all international students who are within their last year of study in an undergraduate degree or who are studying a postgraduate degree, we are holding an information session about visa conditions and the workplace, which has been developed specifically for you! You must be enrolled in this program to be eligible to join this session.
We have engaged Melanie Macfarlane, CEO and Principal Migration Consultant, to help you with gaining more information about visas and their conditions related to work.
This information session will cover:
- Student visa conditions and what these entail
- Working rights, including for secondary applicants and those on work placements
- Understanding your work rights in the workplace
- A brief overview of the Migration Review
- 485 Graduate visa updates, including extension of the 485 visa for those in regional areas and studying in specific disciplines
- Pathways to permanent residency
- Options for employer sponsorship and the points test