The information session will run for 30 minutes which includes time for questions.
The functions of the Fair Work Ombudsman outline the responsibilities they have as set by the Fair Work Act 2009 to achieve their purpose:
- provide education, assistance, advice and guidance to employers, employees, outworkers, outworker entities and organisations
- promote and monitor compliance with workplace laws
- inquire into and investigate breaches of the Fair Work Act
- take appropriate enforcement action
- perform statutory functions efficiently, effectively, economically and ethically