Report incidents to UOW Security
Staff and students should report immediately to UOW Security any:
- event that may constitute an emergency
- event where a person may have collapsed or requires first aid assistance
- situation or circumstance where students or staff do not feel safe
- situation where students believe they are being followed or stalked and instance of aggression, theft or crime
- suspicious activity or behaviour which may impact on the safety of the campus community
In the event of an emergency:
- Contact UOW Security on 4221 4900, or raise an Emergency Alert, a First Aid Alert or Help call using Safe Zone app, or dial #1 at any Security telephone.
- Dial Triple Zero, 000 for Police, Fire Brigade or Ambulance.
To report non-emergency incidents contact UOW Security on 4221 4555 or use the Help button using Safe Zone app.
UOW Security will take reports of any incidents off-campus, adjacent or near, that may impact staff or students.
How to make a report to the police
Should you need to report any theft, loss or crime to Police, you should attend the nearest Police Station or contact the Police Assistance Line on 131 444.
UOW Security can assist students with reporting to Police at any time.
What to do if you think you are being followed on campus
Do any of the following:
- Call Security via your mobile phone on 4221 4900 (for emergencies) or raise an Alert or Help call using the Safe Zone app. Stay in a well-lit place until help arrives.
- Use a security telephone (blue phones around campus with a blue light at night) dial #1. Stay next to the security phone until help arrives.
- Go directly to the Security Operations Centre (Wollongong Campus, Building 72)
- Go to a UOW, UOW Pulse or UniActive staff member and ask for help to get Security.
- Do not keep walking away from campus. Rely upon your instincts, do not ignore them. Get help first on or near campus from Security.