Staff and students are encouraged to report immediately to UOW Security any incidents, theft, crime, suspicious activity or behaviour which may impact on the safety of the campus community.
UOW Security will take reports of any incidents off-campus, adjacent or near, that may impact staff or students.
UOW Security can assist students with reporting to Police at anytime.
If any staff or students feel unsafe at any time, they should go directly to the Security Office for assistance.
If you think you are being followed on campus do any of the following:
- Call Security via your mobile phone using normal contact numbers or use the SafeZone App. Stay in a well-lit place until help arrives.
- Use a security telephone (blue weather phones around campus with a blue light at night) - stay next to the security phone until help arrives.
- Go directly to the Security Office.
- Go to a UOW, UOW Pulse or UniActive staff member and ask for help to get Security.
Do not keep walking away from campus if you think you are being followed. Rely upon your instincts, do not ignore them. Get help first on or near campus from Security.
Staff and students should report to UOW Security on 4221 4900 any event:
- that may constitute an emergency;
- where a person may have collapsed or requires first aid assistance;
- any accident;
- any situation or circumstance where students or staff do not feel safe;
- any situation where students believe they are being followed or stalked; and
- any instance of aggression.
Should you need to report any theft, loss or crime to Police, you should attend the nearest Police Station or contact the Police Assistance Line on 131 444.