Indigenous Tailored Academic Program (ITAP)
ITAP is an academic support initiative of the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet (PM&C), which aims to improve educational outcomes for Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students. Tutors are recruited and appointed to eligible students by Woolyungah Indigenous Centre (WIC). In delivering the ITAP program, WIC follows guidelines set out in our funding agreement with PM&C.
The principal goal of ITAP is to explicitly connect Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students with the supports most appropriate to their individual needs and moves away from a 'one-size-fits-all' approach. These supports enable students to participate equitably and compete at the level of their peers in their chosen program of study.
At WIC, we value the role of our tutors and strive to employ highly qualified tutors for our students.
To be eligible for the ITAP, a student must:
- Identify as an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and is accepted in the community in which he/she lives or has lived;
- Enrolled in formal education at the University of Wollongong and
- Assessed as requiring tutorial assistance in order to achieve satisfactory academic results
- Please complete the ITAP Student Application form (link opens in a new window)
- Return completed form to Woolyungah Indigenous Centre
Interested in tutoring for the ITAP?
- Please complete the ITAP Tutor Application form (link opens in a new window)
- Return completed form to Woolyungah with your resume, copy of your academic transcript and supporting documentation.
Your application will be reviewed and if short-listed, you will be contacted for an interview. If successful, you will be placed on the ITAP Tutor database and contacted directly if Woolyungah are able to match you with a student.
More information about ITAP
- ITAP guide for students and tutors (PDF 12.1MB)
Please contact Woolyungah Indigenous Centre:
- Building 30, University of Wollongong
- Phone: 4221 3776
- Email: email@example.com